Thursday 11 December 2008

Front Cover



This is the finished front cover for my school magazine. I think that it is quite successful as it is colourful and looks quite professional. I used Adobe Photoshop to create it as it had so many tools and effects I could use to make the front cover look as professional as possible. For example, it let me clone out some unwanted cables in the background to make the main image look better.
I chose this font for the masthead as it looked original and was therefore a unique typeface to distinguish my magazine from others. I chose the name 'fly' because it can imply aspirations and aiming high, the ideals of the student core buyer.
I only used 3 different colours on my front cover, excluding black, to not make it too busy and to create 'theme colours' which will be the base colour running throughout my whole magazine.
I positioned the cover lines on the sides of the page as best as I could so as to not completely cover my model.

No comments: