Thursday 11 December 2008

School Magazine Cover Photoshoot

I had to plan and carry out a photoshoot for the front cover of my school magazine. This is the plan I made for the photo.



I chose to take it in front of the school entrance with the ‘NATIONAL SCHOOLS’ sign visible because the setting is relevant and on the front cover it will make it clear that the magazine is a school magazine. I wanted the model to be female because the school the magazine is for is a girl’s school so it makes the magazine specific to the school. This is also why I wanted the model to wear the school uniform. The model was to have her arms crossed to show the seriousness of school and education, and to either look upwards or into the distance to show aspiration- the theme of my magazine ‘fly’, which is about aiming high.

I only took 2 photos because I thought they were good enough for my magazine cover. Out of the two I chose n.1 because the other one was slightly wonkier. Although I mostly got what I wanted in my photo, I didn’t manage to make the school logo visible because I didn’t notice the my model Lucy’s hair was in the way. I also changed my mind about being the model for my own photoshoot because I thought that it would be harder to get my desired result if someone else tried to interpret my plan. The setting for the photo wasn’t ideal because there were a lot of cables and some obstruction from an outdoor office, but I later managed to get rid of the cables by cloning them out.

n.1


n.2

No comments: