Friday 27 March 2009

Contents Page - Final Draft



I completely changed the background for my final contents page draft. I felt that the old background did not match the general theme created by the front cover and double page spread. It looked a bit more like a country music magazine than pop because of the classic guitar and clothing on my model. I therefore took a picture of my artist 'COCO' and edited it on Adobe Photoshop 'Filters' and gave it an 'Ink Outline' effect. I aimed to create this effect because it gave the image a neon, multicoloured glow. I felt that this reflected the pop genre very well. I had to adapt the rest of the page to the new, darker background by making the previously black text white and putting a semi-transparent black square shape behind each text box so that the text was clearly visible. I also gave the 'CONTENTS' title a 3D effect by duplicating the layer, changing the second text's colour to black and shifting it behind the first layer. This made the letters stand out more against the white outline created by the 'Ink Outline' effect. I also gave the guitar and radio pictures a simple white glow and the CD picture a thin pink outline so that the images stood out against the dark background a bit more.
I feel that my contents page is effective as it now links in more to my pop / pop rock genre because of the funkier background, many colours and electric guitar prop in the background image. The artists featured (e.g. Katie Perry) along with the content advertised in the coverlines will appeal to my target audience because they are for, and relate to, young people.

No comments: