Monday 9 March 2009

Mood Board


This moodboard was a combination of the first ideas that came into my head when I thought of music magazines. It is the mood I will aim to create in my own magazine, and the genres presented are the ones I want to centre my magazine around. The colours and images should help me when planning things throughout the project. I used some technicolour images on the mood board because I want my magazine to be very colourful to represent the pop genre (which will be more dominant in my magazine). On the mood board the pop genre is represented as bold, bright and loud through the multicoloured, big font used for the word 'POP'. To represent the rock genre I included some grunge images, a guitar and a skull and cross bones as these are all associated with rock. However, I do not want my magazine to focus too much on hard rock- I would prefer its style to be more similar to pop so that there is not a very big contrast between the two. For this reason I added the text 'ROCK' in bright lights as this makes it more pop rock and less dark as a genre.

1 comment:

MissC said...

I love this entry. I am making a mood board for my textiles coursework. And you have really inspired mr.