Friday 27 March 2009

Double Page Spread - Final Draft


I made a few slight changes to my first draft to produce the final draft for my double page spread. I removed the page number '13' from the left page because I felt that it was not necessary and it did not look very good. I also shifted the text upwards on my article so that the first 4 lines wrapped around the drop cap. I did this because it is conventional for most magazines. I then had to add a bit of text because the top and bottom margins were too big and made the page look less professional.
I also felt that the by-line ('Article by Mimi Yagoub') did not look at the bottom of the article as this was an unusual place to put it on a typical double page spread. I therefore put it with the AP (Associated Press). I also changed the photo credit to Mimi Yagoub because I took the pictures, not 'Getty Pictures'.

1 comment:

Mr Lau said...

Please could you change the text size for the article to 11 point max, maybe 10 point.

This may mean that you have to add a few more questions to fill the page.

This has only become apparent since printing your work.

You can find me Thurs 3.30 or Fri 3.30.

Thanks

Mr Lau