Friday 27 March 2009

Front Cover - Final Draft


This is the final draft for my music magazine's front cover. I have not changed anything from my second draft. I experimented with 3D shades for my main coverline by duplicating the layer, making the second one light blue and shifting it behind the text. However, I felt that this did not look very good and stuck with the initial draft. I think that my front cover is effective because it conforms to most magazine conventions, for example by putting the masthead at the top of the page or by having a button. It also reflects the content of the magazine because the colourfulness is quite symbolic of the pop genre and the language used is informal. The language, along with the editorial content shown in the coverlines, also appeals to the target audience: a male / female teenager / young adult (around 15-25 yrs old) interested in pop / pop rock.

No comments: