Monday 9 March 2009

Contents Page


I am quite happy with this contents page, as it turned out how I wanted it to. I have made it very colourful to link it directly to the genre of the magazine, which is mostly pop (usually represented quite colourfully- see mood board). I added colour by colour filtering the background to mostly pink and blue, as these are my house colours and they are also quite bright. I also colour filtered the first photo of a radio as this created quite a neon effect on the page.
Most of the layout / font was decided by the results I got from the questionnaire I carried out. I feel that the masthead font works well- the transparency makes the colour come through and it is big and bold like the music in my magazine is.

I chose to take photos of things that related directly to the content described in the text. For example, I accompanied the article 'Katy Perry gives us some guitar lessons...' with the photo of a classic guitar. I chose to use a photo of a guitar taken at a low camera angle as this filled the empty space on the page more and made the page look more interesting.

I made parts of the text red when they belonged to articles featured on the front cover. I did this because it is conventional for a magazine and it makes it easier for the reader to read the magazine, making it more appealing.

If I was to improve my contents page I would shift the top photo and block of text more to the right as they look slightly cramped, and also if the page was on the right hand side in a magazine the photo would be too close to the central fold and quite a lot of it would not be visible.

No comments: